Phd and green card application timing
So to answer your question, you can apply before obtaining a Phd. We know of petitions filed by students on F1. So there is no hard and fast rule as to when you can apply. The best time is whenever you think that you have a strong proof to support an EB1A or EB2-NIW case. USCIS has a set of criteria for permanent residency petition in each of these employment based application categories. You can find these criteria else where on the website. The example petitions in the self-help packets are designed to walk you through the process of building a strong case.
I hope this is helpful.
Green card for Phd Team
Helping NIW and EB1A applications
with our DIY packages
9 Responses to Phd and green card application timing
- I-140 Priority date not maintained from previous EB2 filing
- EB1A evidence evaluation -- PhD in safety engineering
- Assistant Profesor
- DBA and Green card
- I am a PhD in H4 status and would like to apply in EB1A
- PhD candidate
- How much does the institute matter for postdoc to apply the green card?
- Pending I-140 travel on F1 or Advanced parole
- I cannot decide the category that best fits my case (EB1A or NIW)
- Self petition and medical Phd student