Phd and green card application timing
So to answer your question, you can apply before obtaining a Phd. We know of petitions filed by students on F1. So there is no hard and fast rule as to when you can apply. The best time is whenever you think that you have a strong proof to support an EB1A or EB2-NIW case. USCIS has a set of criteria for permanent residency petition in each of these employment based application categories. You can find these criteria else where on the website. The example petitions in the self-help packets are designed to walk you through the process of building a strong case.
I hope this is helpful.
Green card for Phd Team
Helping NIW and EB1A applications
with our DIY packages
9 Responses to Phd and green card application timing
- Question on Phd in Engg Management and Green card
- Visa Bulletin for June 2014
- How do I pay application fee from Canada
- Is the packet updated after the recent change (Dhanasar)?
- Canditates who qualify for self-petition
- Which category do I fit in?
- What is photocopy certification? do I need one?
- GC application when J1 is about to end
- F1 OPT with PhD in math working for a postdoc in a different department
- Can I apply on my own?