Question on second GC petition
There are two choices for a Phd to self petition fro GC namely via EB1A and EB2-NIW. Currently priority dates for EB2 for Indian nationals are retrogressed and it may not prove useful in her case. EB1A priority dates are current and from the estimates of current processing times for I-140 and I-485, USCIS is taking approximately 1.5 yrs from application to final GC approval. You can review USCIS criteria for EB1A to see if she eligible. Else where on our web site you will find information on EB1A criteria.
In general multiple i-140’s are allowed and will not affect the current i-140 /i-485 application being processed.
Best of luck
Green card for Phd Team
Helping NIW and EB1A applications
with our DIY packages
- Procedure to apply for greencard
- F1 and green card application
- Help needed for green card self-petition
- PhD in Electrical and Computer Engineering on STEM extension - Would like to apply for a green card in EB2 NIW category
- Which category do I fit in?
- PhD in Psychology, can I apply for Green card while on a H4 visa status?
- Ph.d student on F1 visa
- Eligibility: F1 student on OPT
- Bank statement of a sponsor in EB1A