Question on second GC petition
There are two choices for a Phd to self petition fro GC namely via EB1A and EB2-NIW. Currently priority dates for EB2 for Indian nationals are retrogressed and it may not prove useful in her case. EB1A priority dates are current and from the estimates of current processing times for I-140 and I-485, USCIS is taking approximately 1.5 yrs from application to final GC approval. You can review USCIS criteria for EB1A to see if she eligible. Else where on our web site you will find information on EB1A criteria.
In general multiple i-140’s are allowed and will not affect the current i-140 /i-485 application being processed.
Best of luck
Green card for Phd Team
Helping NIW and EB1A applications
with our DIY packages
- Self petition for Ph. D in Chemistry
- PhD graduate on OPT status
- PhD in production engineering
- Help needed for green card self-petition
- Green card and Masters student
- Do I need to send a 750B along with EB2-NIW
- Is EB1a right for me?
- Questions about adjustments to the I-140
- Can I self sponsor?
- Petitioner from India