What are my chances in EB1A?
This is common question that is often asked. It is our opinion that most PhDs are their own best judges. Below is an approach we suggest to determine your chances of success.
- Review the USCIS criteria for application in the Extraordinary Ability (EB1A or E11) category. Look at backgrounds of some approved EB1A cases.
- Make a list of all your accomplishments, awards etc.
- Do you have a onetime achievement award (a genius award of some sort)? If yes, you are likely to be successful. You may not need any other significant evidence.
- If your answer is no to above,do you have evidence to satisfy at least three our of ten EB1A requirements?
- Are you one of the small percentage of people in your field?
- Is their sustained national interest to your work?
- If you have yes to 4, 5, and 6 you are likely to be successful.
If you find it hard to make an accurate assessment just from USCIS EB1A criteria and backgrounds of some approved EB1A cases, you can use our self-help packets which have an example petition to make a more accurate judgment.
Disclaimer: The contents in this web site are only for your information and are not intended to be legal advice. While many of our applicants successfully obtain their I-140 approvals, the information here should not be considered as a guarantee of your green card application outcome.