I am interested in applying for Green Card. I graduated from university of Athens, school of medicine. I did my PhD at the same institution (degree expected in early 2012), I have 6 publications and 3 under review, 60 presentations in national and international meetings, currently working in the USA (Boston, MA) on H1b visa, I also received 6 first awards in Greece and I have 2 scholarships.
What do you think my chances are?
Your resume looks strong. A well prepared petition will have a good chance. The right category (EB1a or NIW) depends on your… Continue reading
I am a graduate student in electrical engineering. I had few questions regarding the green card for master’s students on F-1. I have 3 international IEEE publications and 1 ordinary journal paper. My questions for you are as follows:
What are the chances of getting EAD (Work authorization) for a master’s student if I apply after completing my master’s i.e., I will no more be on F-1 visa, I will be on OPT?
OPT is also considered being on F1 status. You can get an EAD on OPT which will last for a year and can be… Continue reading
I had a look at your websites, and it sounds a new and interesting thing to me. I have a simple question which clears many things for me. How many journal papers (e.g. in IEEE transactions) do I need to publish, to build a strong case for EB1A or EB-NIW?
There is no fixed number that one can suggest. Some one may have a top notch publication which every one in the field considers it as best. If such a publication received several awards, magazine reviews etc then just one or two related may be good… Continue reading
- Masters degree and chances of EB1A application
- Paper Authorship
- Self-petitioning while working for a company with H1B visa
- Can I apply for a green card in EB1A?
- Impact of I-140 rejection on my husband’s H1 visa status
- Question related to Do-it-yourself package
- Phd student planning to apply in EB1A category
- eligible phd's for green card
- Can J2 stay if J1 I140 is approved however not yet I 485 is granted and J visa expires within a month from receiving I 140 approval?