Question: I got my OPT 17 months extension in May 2013, and last month I applied for I-140 (NIW). I’m planning to visit my country in near future, so I think it would be better to have H1 rather than F1-OPT. I have following questions:Q1: during the processing time of I-140, can I apply for H1 (academic by the University)?
Q2: After obtaining H1 if I140 is still not… Continue reading
I am interested in applying for green card under NIW EB2 category. I recently defended my PhD and I have applied for an OPT, it will be valid from May 2012. Currently I am on F1 working as a research assistant. These days I am searching for postdoc opportunities.
I went through the GreenCardForPhd eBook, so I am very confident to apply for the green card. As I am still on F1 status, how about the possibility of making my case successful. Please advise me. Do you have heard of similar successful cases?
It is possible to successfully apply for… Continue reading
I am on F1 visa enrolled in a PhD program from Fall 2008.I have to enroll only thesis credit hours (10 credit hrs. remained only). I do not have any classes to attend now
I have completed 65 cr. hours out of 75 cr. hours
Presently I am working on OPT from last 6 Months. My h1 b file this month
I am trying to finish my PhD in a next one year. But not sure.
If I can’t finish my PhD study due to some complex research problem
1. Can I file for (me & my family) EB2-NIW… Continue reading
- January visa bulletin
- Visa Bulletin for November 2012
- EB1A not current for Indians anymore?
- EB2-NIV for Indian F1-OPT student
- USCIS Updates Count of FY2010 H-1B Petition Filings
- MD, with MS fom USA and PhD student
- I-485 submission along with I-140 and EAD
- Can a master student apply for a Green Card
- What is photocopy certification? do I need one?
- Strength of my EB1a/NIW case. Currently on H4 visa.