Do I need to submit the I-485 form at the same time as I-140 form?
USCIS does not require one to submit I-485 at the same time. Petitioners submit it for number of reasons such as to get an EAD or Advanced parole. EAD and AP petitions can only be applied along with or after 485 petitions.
Also, I am under OPT (optional practical training). I have my employment authorization until November 2011. Do I need to send this again?
The new employment authorization from I-485 petition will be associated with the a different/new status (called… Continue reading
I have been currently working as an Adjunct faculty in various local and private colleges. I have recently applied for PhD program with an Online Univ. My current status is AOS -EAD based of my spouse’s sponsorship. We’re getting separated and as soon as this gets finalized, I will be not be able to retain my AOS or EAD status.
My question is;
Can I file on my own as a Phd student or this only works with PhD holders?
Anyone with or without a phd can also apply. If you plan to self-petition, a successful petition has… Continue reading
I am a graduate student in electrical engineering. I had few questions regarding the green card for master’s students on F-1. I have 3 international IEEE publications and 1 ordinary journal paper. My questions for you are as follows:
What are the chances of getting EAD (Work authorization) for a master’s student if I apply after completing my master’s i.e., I will no more be on F-1 visa, I will be on OPT?
OPT is also considered being on F1 status. You can get an EAD on OPT which will last for a year and can be… Continue reading
- Researchgate - is it important
- Can J2 stay if J1 I140 is approved however not yet I 485 is granted and J visa expires within a month from receiving I 140 approval?
- F1 trying to self-petition
- Applying for Green Card while on H4
- Applying for green card while a PhD student
- Question: Reapplying for a green card after a lottery
- Postdoctoral researcher trying to decide EB2-NIW or EB1A.
- PhD students currently on F1 can apply for EB1A or EB2-NIW
- Am I qualify for EB1 or NIW?
- Citations and Green card application