Applicability: H1B applicants
WASHINGTON April 9, 2009 — USCIS announced an updated number of filings for H-1B petitions for the fiscal year 2010 program.
USCIS has received approximately 42,000 H-1B petitions counting toward the Congressionally-mandated 65,000 cap. The agency continues to accept petitions subject to the general cap.
Additionally, the agency has received approximately 20,000 petitions for aliens with advanced degrees; however, we continue to accept advanced degree petitions since experience has shown that not all petitions received are approvable. Congress mandated that the first 20,000 of these types of petitions are exempt from any fiscal year cap… Continue reading
- Professor on a J1
- Masters degree and chances of EB1A application
- My profile is good enough for GC?
- Am I eligible for applying for EB-2A, NIW, or EB1 while a PhD student?
- Question on Phd in Engg Management and Green card
- Starting a company on F1
- Phd degree and Green Card
- Profile review for EB1
- J2 EAD renewal while I140 pending
- General question