Applicability: H1B applicants
WASHINGTON April 9, 2009 — USCIS announced an updated number of filings for H-1B petitions for the fiscal year 2010 program.
USCIS has received approximately 42,000 H-1B petitions counting toward the Congressionally-mandated 65,000 cap. The agency continues to accept petitions subject to the general cap.
Additionally, the agency has received approximately 20,000 petitions for aliens with advanced degrees; however, we continue to accept advanced degree petitions since experience has shown that not all petitions received are approvable. Congress mandated that the first 20,000 of these types of petitions are exempt from any fiscal year cap… Continue reading
- Birth Certificate
- Is EB1a right for me?
- Response period after completion of biometrics
- Question: Reapplying for a green card after a lottery
- H1 transfer
- Vehicle Safety Integration
- Profile review for EB1
- Multiple i-140
- Eligibility for applying under EB1A
- Applying under EB1A category while H1B visa expires