Applicability: H1B applicants
WASHINGTON April 9, 2009 — USCIS announced an updated number of filings for H-1B petitions for the fiscal year 2010 program.
USCIS has received approximately 42,000 H-1B petitions counting toward the Congressionally-mandated 65,000 cap. The agency continues to accept petitions subject to the general cap.
Additionally, the agency has received approximately 20,000 petitions for aliens with advanced degrees; however, we continue to accept advanced degree petitions since experience has shown that not all petitions received are approvable. Congress mandated that the first 20,000 of these types of petitions are exempt from any fiscal year cap… Continue reading
- Can I self sponsor?
- USCIS Updates Count of FY2010 H-1B Petition Filings
- Self petition and medical Phd student
- Approved EB1a. Applying with my husband. How long to wait for the interview?
- EB1 with NIW ?
- EB2 NIW pending, H1b six years expiring soon
- Which category should I apply in, EB1a/NIW?
- Indian National applying for a EB2-NIW?
- EB1A I-140 Petition approved. Need to file I-1485 now...
- Regarding applying for EB1A/NIW outside USA