Applicability: H1B applicants
WASHINGTON April 9, 2009 — USCIS announced an updated number of filings for H-1B petitions for the fiscal year 2010 program.
USCIS has received approximately 42,000 H-1B petitions counting toward the Congressionally-mandated 65,000 cap. The agency continues to accept petitions subject to the general cap.
Additionally, the agency has received approximately 20,000 petitions for aliens with advanced degrees; however, we continue to accept advanced degree petitions since experience has shown that not all petitions received are approvable. Congress mandated that the first 20,000 of these types of petitions are exempt from any fiscal year cap… Continue reading
- EB1A eligibility
- Applying under EB1A category while H1B visa expires
- EB1A Eligibility
- Green card for master’s students
- I only have a few publication.
- Can I apply in EB2-NIW with my credentials?
- Is EB1a right for me?
- Maintaining F1 status while I 485 is pending
- J1 applying for EB2-NIW
- Do I need to do a PostDoc to apply for a green crad?