I’m currently a PhD student in Math and I’m on F1 status. I’ve received a postdoc offer at another university and I’m planning to request an F1 OPT.
My problem is, the OPT requires my job to be ‘directly related’ to my major field of study. My major as listed in the I-20 is ‘Mathematics, General’, but my postdoc position will be in a group in a department of Chemical Engineering.
My specific duties are all related to my dissertation (deriving mathematical models, building computational algorithms). The problem is that the department name (Chemical Engineering) does not seem very… Continue reading
Thanks for the concise information in your website.
I am a Ph.D. student with F1 visa. I was wondering, if I applied for NIW can I apply for OPT?
Hi, I am a Chinese in the last year of my PhD training in US university. I would like to apply for EB1A. I have 25+ papers, 10+ first author (IF 4.0-6.0), 400 citation and several patents. Should I apply for OPT before I submit the petition in case my petition get denied or I have a strong EB1A case and don’t need OPT. Or can I apply for OPT after my petition? Thanks
- J2 EAD renewal while I140 pending
- How important are first author papers in comparison to say second or third author papers?
- Can I apply for a green card in EB1A?
- adjustment of status and I-765
- F1 trying to self-petition
- Green Card for a Ph.D in Computer Science (a South Korean national)
- Chances for EB1 outstanding researcher
- Postdoctoral researcher trying to decide EB2-NIW or EB1A.
- I cannot decide the category that best fits my case (EB1A or NIW)
- Self petition eligibility