I’m currently a PhD student in Math and I’m on F1 status. I’ve received a postdoc offer at another university and I’m planning to request an F1 OPT.
My problem is, the OPT requires my job to be ‘directly related’ to my major field of study. My major as listed in the I-20 is ‘Mathematics, General’, but my postdoc position will be in a group in a department of Chemical Engineering.
My specific duties are all related to my dissertation (deriving mathematical models, building computational algorithms). The problem is that the department name (Chemical Engineering) does not seem very… Continue reading
Thanks for the concise information in your website.
I am a Ph.D. student with F1 visa. I was wondering, if I applied for NIW can I apply for OPT?
Hi, I am a Chinese in the last year of my PhD training in US university. I would like to apply for EB1A. I have 25+ papers, 10+ first author (IF 4.0-6.0), 400 citation and several patents. Should I apply for OPT before I submit the petition in case my petition get denied or I have a strong EB1A case and don’t need OPT. Or can I apply for OPT after my petition? Thanks
- What green card application options does a postdoc have?
- I-485 application and affidavit of support
- Received a letter requesting the ETA-750
- Ms from US, PhD scholarship from US, but no more than one publication!! should I apply or just wait?
- Masters degree and chances of EB1A application
- Field of study and Phd
- Do I need a waiver to apply for EB2 NIW I-140?
- Canditates who qualify for self-petition
- Would I be able to apply in the NIW category?