I’m currently a PhD student in Math and I’m on F1 status. I’ve received a postdoc offer at another university and I’m planning to request an F1 OPT.
My problem is, the OPT requires my job to be ‘directly related’ to my major field of study. My major as listed in the I-20 is ‘Mathematics, General’, but my postdoc position will be in a group in a department of Chemical Engineering.
My specific duties are all related to my dissertation (deriving mathematical models, building computational algorithms). The problem is that the department name (Chemical Engineering) does not seem very… Continue reading
Thanks for the concise information in your website.
I am a Ph.D. student with F1 visa. I was wondering, if I applied for NIW can I apply for OPT?
Hi, I am a Chinese in the last year of my PhD training in US university. I would like to apply for EB1A. I have 25+ papers, 10+ first author (IF 4.0-6.0), 400 citation and several patents. Should I apply for OPT before I submit the petition in case my petition get denied or I have a strong EB1A case and don’t need OPT. Or can I apply for OPT after my petition? Thanks
- Eligibility for EB1-a
- Foreign PHD - Green card visa process
- Am I qualify for EB1 or NIW?
- Will my profile be eligible for EB1 category
- OPT After Green Card Lottery Application
- Do I need to have reached the highest position in my career to be eligible to apply in EB1A category?
- Applied for EB1A. Should I apply for J1 or H1B?
- PhD candidate