I’m currently a PhD student in Math and I’m on F1 status. I’ve received a postdoc offer at another university and I’m planning to request an F1 OPT.
My problem is, the OPT requires my job to be ‘directly related’ to my major field of study. My major as listed in the I-20 is ‘Mathematics, General’, but my postdoc position will be in a group in a department of Chemical Engineering.
My specific duties are all related to my dissertation (deriving mathematical models, building computational algorithms). The problem is that the department name (Chemical Engineering) does not seem very… Continue reading
Thanks for the concise information in your website.
I am a Ph.D. student with F1 visa. I was wondering, if I applied for NIW can I apply for OPT?
Hi, I am a Chinese in the last year of my PhD training in US university. I would like to apply for EB1A. I have 25+ papers, 10+ first author (IF 4.0-6.0), 400 citation and several patents. Should I apply for OPT before I submit the petition in case my petition get denied or I have a strong EB1A case and don’t need OPT. Or can I apply for OPT after my petition? Thanks
- Work in USA without any sponsorship and Green card processing time in EB2 category
- Can a master student apply for a Green Card
- I-485 submission along with I-140 and EAD
- Phd and green card application timing
- EB1-OR Cateory for PhD
- GREEN CARD WHILE VISA 01
- OPT After Green Card Lottery Application
- Question on DIY self-petition packet
- We want to apply green card through NIW and our j-visa is about to expire
- EB2 NIW application with spouse