Hello, thanks for this nice blog. I’m on H1b since 09 and have approved I140 thru my employer with priority date of 2013(India). I’ve inclination towards academia and my visa status was deterring me. I want to understand can I apply for Phd with approved I-140, do I’ve to change my visa status from H1b to F1, can I use the same approved H1b after completing my phd? What happens to priority date of approved 140 if one changes visa status? If at all I can qualify for gc, as research scholar, will I be able to carry my current PD?
My name is Vish, Currently working in one of the consulting company in US with the H1-B Visa. After i have got my H1-B completed my masters from India and currently pursuing my Ph.D in Internet of things and will be expected to complete my PHD in next year end.
As i am doing my research in Ph.D. Am i eligible to get process my Green card with the Ph.D Qualification?
Please let me know and help me here and let us know if you require any other information.
I purchased your help packet last year or so and have been waiting to submit my I140 petition. I am almost ready to submit my petition although now I am waiting my H1B extension approval that was submitted in June this year.. Its obviously taking a long time to get the approval notice. I was wondering whether I can submit my I-140 with the latest H1B approval notice together with the new H1B extension receipt notice that is under review as my current immigration status. I have not changed employers and will be working for the same employer.… Continue reading
- Applying for green card while on OPT
- Self petitioning by PhDs with degree’s from other countries
- Do I need to have reached the highest position in my career to be eligible to apply in EB1A category?
- Birth Certificate
- My Eb1a I-140 approved. Which documents should my husband fill?
- PhD students currently on F1 can apply for EB1A or EB2-NIW
- J1 waiver for a tenure track job
- Eligible for NIW complete PhD in india