J1 waiver for a tenure track job
I am currently finishing up a prestigious postdoctoral fellowship in the Humanities before moving to a tenure-track position. I am on j-1 academic training; and my concerns are about what happens when I finished my third year of academic training, which is the maximum I can do before either completing my 2 year home residency [in Turkey] or changing my status with a waiver. Here is my info:
-I came to the US to pursue my Masters through with a Fulbright Grant (US governmental funding)—from August 2008 to April 2010.
-I went back to my home country in April 2010; and came back to the US in August 2010 to pursue my PhD on a different J1 program [sponsored by the university/no governmental funding but has home residency due to the skills list] [phd program: 2010-2016]
-During my PhD program, I spent almost all summer months in my home country.
– I started my academic training on J1 as a postdoctoral fellow right after I finished my Phd in June 2016. And this is a three year period I can spend in the US before going back home to complete 2 year home residency stemming from the two J1 visas I have had.
-I will spend the final year of my academic training [June 2018-June 2019] as a tenure track professor at a major, public Research University.
Considering this case, which I am aware that the 2 year home residency waiver will be easier for the J1 during my PhD studies, but not for the one during my Fulbright masters program, I wonder what path would you recommend me to pursue in order to continue my tenure track job in the US?
-Would an EB1 or EB2, or EB2-NIW [I am eligible for all] help me continue my work or get rid of the home residency? Or an O1 visa is the only solution?
-would my trips back home during my PhD studies be counted down for home residency requirement that comes from Fulbright funding in 2008-10 [especially if I can get J1 waiver for the j1 of my phd program]?
-what strategies should I follow to apply two waivers? when to apply which?
Thanks for any advice.
One Response to J1 waiver for a tenure track job
- Green card chances: I am planning to go for Phd in Psychology
- Question related to Do-it-yourself package
- EB1A Approval Chances
- Do I need to have reached the highest position in my career to be eligible to apply in EB1A category?
- Self-petitioning while on F1 visa
- Question on DIY self-petition packet
- Research Associate
- Question on second GC petition
- Publications and green card self-petition
- Foreign PHD - Green card visa process