J2 visa to EB2 through employer
I am a post-doc on a J1 visa. My wife works for a company on her J2 visa and they would like to sponsor her Green Card. I have applied for the J-1 waiver and my application is being processed by the USCIS (have already received Favorable recommendation). My question now is, with our DS2019 expiring 28th February 2019, can she apply for an EB2 without converting her J2 into an H-1B? Does she have to maintain either a J or an H-1 status till the processing is complete? Also would that affect my chances of applying for a Green Card later through my University? Please let me know.
One Response to J2 visa to EB2 through employer
- Questions about adjustments to the I-140
- Self-petitioning while working for a company with H1B visa
- Eb1 a or Eb1 B Niw ?
- PhD candidate
- Can J2 stay if J1 I140 is approved however not yet I 485 is granted and J visa expires within a month from receiving I 140 approval?
- Postdoc, I want to know processing times
- EB1A evidence evaluation -- PhD in safety engineering
- Green card for PH.D. In English Literature
- I-485 application and affidavit of support
- GC FOR EXTRAORDINARY ABILITY