EB2-NIW or EB1A?
I’m hesitating what packet to buy for EB2-NIW or EB1A.
A short description:
I’m a postdoc in Argonne National Lab. Right now I’m a holder of H1b. My field is accelerator physics. Main work sponsor is DOE.
As part of my work we built the most advanced by nowadays device in the field for the most advanced Free Electron Laser in the world (LCLS-II in SLAC). And some other minor devices which are used as high power X-ray laser generators for advanced material researches in the country.
Our group got a patent for technology which was developed. Also I have some “Pacesetter Award” from Argonne.
It seems to be enough for EB1A. But the problems I see here are: 1) my name is not in the list of authors of the patent; 2) “Pacesetter Award” is not academic award it’s just internal award to encourage staff; 3) the field (magnetic devices for accelerators) is very narrow, and its journals don’t have high citation rank, also there are very few citations of my own papers. So, could you give me an advice what case suits me better (EB2-NIW or EB1A)? I checked your examples and it didn’t clarify the question for me.
One Response to EB2-NIW or EB1A?
- EB1A petition review
- Postdoc from Scotland interested in applying for green card
- Does my phd need to be in STEM field?
- December Visa Bulletin
- Am I eligible for applying for EB-2A, NIW, or EB1 while a PhD student?
- EB2 NIW
- Question related to Do-it-yourself package
- OPT After Green Card Lottery Application
- USCIS Announces New Requirements for Hiring H-1B Foreign Workers
- Transfer of pending I-485 application from one I-140 petition to a new I-140 petition/interfiling I-485