EB2-NIW or EB1A?
I’m hesitating what packet to buy for EB2-NIW or EB1A.
A short description:
I’m a postdoc in Argonne National Lab. Right now I’m a holder of H1b. My field is accelerator physics. Main work sponsor is DOE.
As part of my work we built the most advanced by nowadays device in the field for the most advanced Free Electron Laser in the world (LCLS-II in SLAC). And some other minor devices which are used as high power X-ray laser generators for advanced material researches in the country.
Our group got a patent for technology which was developed. Also I have some “Pacesetter Award” from Argonne.
It seems to be enough for EB1A. But the problems I see here are: 1) my name is not in the list of authors of the patent; 2) “Pacesetter Award” is not academic award it’s just internal award to encourage staff; 3) the field (magnetic devices for accelerators) is very narrow, and its journals don’t have high citation rank, also there are very few citations of my own papers. So, could you give me an advice what case suits me better (EB2-NIW or EB1A)? I checked your examples and it didn’t clarify the question for me.
One Response to EB2-NIW or EB1A?
- Student applying in EB2-NIW
- Graduate Research Assistant
- Would I be able to apply in the NIW category?
- How important are first author papers in comparison to say second or third author papers?
- How much evidence is enough
- Can I apply for GC as a student
- Do I need to have reached the highest position in my career to be eligible to apply in EB1A category?
- Deciding between EB1A and NIW
- Citations and Green card application