Suitable category for a PhD from abroad.
Dear Sir or Madam,
I am in the process of making a self petition for a green card here in the US and come across your materials, which I find very helpful and useful. However, I encounter a few burning questions which I am confident you are in a good position to help out with some answers.
1. I have a PhD from a British University – graduated in 2008
2. Published high impact academic journals
3. Worked in high profile jobs (but not in the US)
4. Have a construction company in the UK
My immediate interest is to understand the following:
1. Is E21 NIW the same with EB1A?
2. Which category do you consider more appropriate for my situation? E21 NIW or E11?
3. What documents do I require for the petition?
4. Does the application the US have higher possibility of success than outside the contry?
In case you have a minute and require a word with me (which will be highly appreciated), I am reachable on xxxxxx
Your questions are answered below
1. E21 NIW is a separate category from EB1a. Both of these are the self-petition categories.
2. Please send us a complete resume, we would be able to help you better.
4. Generally not. USCIS does not distinguish the two types of applications.
Feel free to email us and we will answer any questions.
Green card for Phd Team
Helping NIW and EB1A applications
with our DIY packages
- Regarding applying for EB1A/NIW outside USA
- Visa Bulletin for January 2013
- Eligibility for EB1A and EB2 NIW and processing duration of the application
- Phd from non-US university and green card application
- EB1A approval
- Am I qualify for EB1 or NIW?
- A request for information: PhD candidate in Media
- Visa Bulletin for November 2012
- Eligibility for applying under EB1A
- Publications and green card self-petition