PhD graduate on OPT status
My name is Atul. I have recently graduated with PhD in civil engineering and on OPT status working as research assistant. My employer said he would file NIW green card in some time.
I have 3 publications and hoping to finish 1 soon. I worked with my professor to win a National Science Foundation (NSF) grant in wind energy. My work is related to renewable energy (wind energy), and I will work on the project is funded my National Science Foundation.
My aim is to get green card and I think NIW suits me more as of now. My doubts are
1) Is the transition from F1 to NIW possible without any risk? If NIW is denied in its initial stage does it affect my OPT extension status?
2) Academic H1B occurs very fast. So if I go that route is it possible to get NIW with academic H1B?
3) I just raed that J1 to NIW is risky also the F1 to NIW is risky and one should go only if sure. I did not get this.
4) Does I-140 approval in NIW is the indication of green card approval and could one leave the US for some work related travel?
One Response to PhD graduate on OPT status
- Visa Bulletin for December 2012
- Approved EB1a. Applying with my husband. How long to wait for the interview?
- EB2 NIW
- Eligibility for EB1A green card application
- USCIS to Accept H-1B Petitions for FY 2010 Beginning April 1, 2009
- Research Manager
- Do you have any success stories of artists/musicians that got the EB1a thru your packages?
- PhD student in agriculture science, can I apply now.
- Eb1 a or Eb1 B Niw ?
- NIW or EB1A