Self-petition while on a H4 visa
hope you are doing well.
let me explain my-self in brief.
i am going to complete my phd by end of jun-2016.
i am on h4 visa now,i am thinking to apply for Green card directly. is it possible?if yes can you state the steps?and which categories suits to me for green card?how long will be it take?
thank you .
You can apply for greencard at any time as long as you staisfy the USCIS requirements listed for EB1a or NIW. Please see the following listed links if you have any questions. Since you are on a H4 visa, your status should not cause any concern for the application.
The application process is described in this link.
Thank you so much for reply .
may i know if i apply for green card in EB2 category how long time it will take?
Priority dates for China and India are retrogressed. From latest visa bulletin these dates are 01JUN12 and 15APR08 respectively. If you are born in these countries, USCIS is currently processing I-485 from those dates. I-140 approval is quick typically less than 3 months.
If you are not born in these countries or plan to apply in EB1a then the total processing time can be between 4 months to less than a year. You can find processing times on USCIS page.
Green card for Phd Team
Helping NIW and EB1A applications
with our DIY packages
- EB-1A evaluation (Pharmaceutical research background)
- Green card for F1 visa
- EB1A Successful RFE Response
- Should all recommendation letters focus on the same topic?
- Self-petitioning while working for a company with H1B visa
- Can my wife (J2 holder) get Green card if I get a Green card while on J1?
- H1B extension and I-140 petition
- Need help on deciding between NIW-EB2 and O1