Self-petition with only few publications
First and foremost, I’d like to express that I am extremely grateful to your service. I have found your website and handbook very useful.
I am currently a post-doc with only 2 publications. I should have another 2 publications in a year. I can get very strong recommendation letters. ALl the lawyers that I contacted said that it is very hard to get a green card without employer sponsorship. So I was very discouraged but reading your posts was encouraging.
What do you advise? Should I go ahead with the self-petition? Or should I wait to get more publications?
Thanks so much,
We have had several success with only a few publications as yours. But please remember the strength of your case is not simply your publications but the combined evidence you present. We suggest you look at our example petitions, make a list of all the possible evidence and decide what is the best option for your case. Also waiting till you get two more publications may be helpful depending on what rest of your evidence is.
Green card for Phd Team
Helping NIW and EB1A applications
with our DIY packages
2 Responses to Self-petition with only few publications
- Premium processing issues at Nebraska Service Center
- Regarding I-485 for spouse based on approved I-140 NIW
- Eligibility: F1 student on OPT
- What are my chances in EB1a?
- Visa Bulletin for November 2012
- Green card for master’s students
- Can I apply in EB2-NIW with my credentials?
- January visa bulletin
- Applying for Green card while studying