Blog for Postdocs / Phds, National Interest Waiver, Extraordinary Ability

Disclaimer: The contents in this web site are only for your information and are not intended to be legal advice. While many of our applicants successfully obtain their I-140 approvals, the information here should not be considered as a guarantee of your green card application outcome.

How do I pay application fee from Canada

Dear Madam (Sir),
I currently live in Canada and going to apply for a U.S. green card under the NIW category. For that, I need to mail my application to USCIS-Texas office along with a proof of payment. It has been written in the USCIS that petitioners who live outside the United States should contact the nearest U.S. Embassy or consulate for instructions on the method of payment. So, I’d so appreciate if give me some advice about the method of payment. Which methods of payment are acceptable? Can I get a money order in one of Canadian financial institutes?
Thank you very much in advance for your time and consideration.

Generally USCIS accepts check from US banks or cashiers checks from any bank. We are not sure if they accept checks from non-US banks. You can also contact USCIS directly via their customer support line to check if your payment method is acceptable. 
Best wishes 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *