Would accepting a job outside the US hinder the chances at succeeding on a self-petition? Facts of the case:
– Graduated with PhD in 2014 from University of Washington (Biostatistician with multiple publications, multiple (US and international) conference participation and awards)
– Home country has granted J-1 waiver
– Accepted position in Africa with the US-based CDC (Center for Disease Control)
– Family still in the US while I “commute” every two months between US and Kenya (entry is dependent on current trip focus: visitor or business (conference attendee)
Would it be better to be a Post-Doc rather than working internationally for the CDC? At this time, there is no plan for the CDC to sponsor the green card process.
One Response to Overseas Employment
- EB1A I-140 Petition approved. Need to file I-1485 now...
- Student applying in EB2-NIW
- F1 and green card application
- Which visa do I need to work in the USA?
- Follow up question on OPT and H1B green card
- Independent letter of support for EB2NIW?
- EB1 A as a PhD student
- I-140 NIW approved. Do i need to apply for an EAD?
- Regarding applying for EB1A/NIW outside USA