Would accepting a job outside the US hinder the chances at succeeding on a self-petition? Facts of the case:
– Graduated with PhD in 2014 from University of Washington (Biostatistician with multiple publications, multiple (US and international) conference participation and awards)
– Home country has granted J-1 waiver
– Accepted position in Africa with the US-based CDC (Center for Disease Control)
– Family still in the US while I “commute” every two months between US and Kenya (entry is dependent on current trip focus: visitor or business (conference attendee)
Would it be better to be a Post-Doc rather than working internationally for the CDC? At this time, there is no plan for the CDC to sponsor the green card process.
One Response to Overseas Employment
- Can J2 stay if J1 I140 is approved however not yet I 485 is granted and J visa expires within a month from receiving I 140 approval?
- I-140 NIW approved. Do i need to apply for an EAD?
- Researchgate - is it important
- EB1A eligibility?
- Research Assistant Professor
- What are my chances in EB1a?
- December Visa Bulletin
- Phd on H1b and 140
- H1B extension and I-140 petition
- I-485 submission along with I-140 and EAD