Would accepting a job outside the US hinder the chances at succeeding on a self-petition? Facts of the case:
– Graduated with PhD in 2014 from University of Washington (Biostatistician with multiple publications, multiple (US and international) conference participation and awards)
– Home country has granted J-1 waiver
– Accepted position in Africa with the US-based CDC (Center for Disease Control)
– Family still in the US while I “commute” every two months between US and Kenya (entry is dependent on current trip focus: visitor or business (conference attendee)
Would it be better to be a Post-Doc rather than working internationally for the CDC? At this time, there is no plan for the CDC to sponsor the green card process.
One Response to Overseas Employment
- EB1 Eligibility
- EB1 with NIW ?
- how strong are my Credentials are for EB1A
- EB1A I-140 Petition approved. Need to file I-1485 now...
- Traveling to Saint Thomas on pending Green Card without AP.
- Can I apply in EB2-NIW with my credentials?
- EB2-NIW or EB1A?
- Postdoctoral Associate
- Query about EB2-NIW
- Interested in buying diy kit