Applying for the green card under EB1-EA category while working under the OPT STEM extension.
I am applying for the green card under EB1-EA category and I am working under the OPT STEM extension. I heard from someone that In case if I apply for both i140/i485 concurrently, if i140 denied the i485 also gets denied, subsequently my OPT status will get cancelled. Is it really true that my OPT status will get effected if the i140 or i485 gets denied.
I have OPT until April-2015.
There is a risk here. But not exactly what you were told. If your I-140 and 485 get denied, your OPT is not going to be canceled. But you run the risk of denials on any OPT extensions. Also if you travel and need a F1 extension, consular officer ask “have you applied for I140 before”. If answer is yes, F1 extension can be denied.
So if you do not need F1 extension or OPT extension beyond 2015 then you are ok.
But given EB1a 140 approvals only take a few months, and priority dates being current why would you want to do concurrent filing?
Green card for Phd Team
Helping NIW and EB1A applications
with our DIY packages
- Regarding PR
- J2 EAD renewal while I140 pending
- Student with F1 visa and Green card
- Canditates who qualify for self-petition
- Birth certificate during I-485 application
- Regarding GC to be filed under PHD Educational Qualification
- Is EB1a right for me?
- Traveling to Saint Thomas on pending Green Card without AP.
- How important are first author papers in comparison to say second or third author papers?