A friend of mine with masters in EE would like to self-petition
A friend of mine residing in Texas, who is an electrical engineer is looking forward to apply for the green card. He is currently on H1 visa. He has a non-thesis MS in engineering.
1. What are his chances of succeeding a I-140 petition?
2.Under which category should he be filing the petition?
3. He also needs to find a model GC petition to understand the format, requirements, etc. for an engineering person with a MS degree. Will you be able to provide him such guidelines or a model petition?
If you think you could help him to succeed, I will pass your contact info to him. Thank you!
In order to self-petition, he would need to satisfy USCIS criteria in EB2-NIW or EB1a. From your short description it would be hard to suggest self-petition. All other categories would require employer sponsorship and our packets would not be of help.
If he thinks he has sufficient evidence to support self-petition, he can send us a resume and we might be able to suggest an appropriate category.
Best of luck
Green card for Phd Team
Helping NIW and EB1A applications
with our DIY packages
- Pending I-140, can I apply for a H1?
- OPT After Green Card Lottery Application
- Green card and Masters student
- Bank statement of a sponsor in EB1A
- Follow up question on OPT and H1B green card
- Student applying in EB2-NIW
- F1 and green card application
- I-485 for EB1A
- Visa Bulletin for December 2012
- PhD in Physics from US, can I apply for a green card from abroad?