F1 trying to self-petition
First of all, thank you for having one of the most useful blogs around about green card self-petitioning process. I just came across to your website a week ago since I have been stressing out about the whole process myself. I am currently a PhD student and I am going on my fifth year. I am at the dissertation stage and my F1 visa will expire in summer 2014, which makes me freak out about my next step as I really want to stay in The States and I am not sure how the market will look like by the time I am ready to graduate. So my intention is to apply for the green card myself before my graduation. I believe EB2-NIW is more likely to be applicable to my case compared to EB1A. Since I am on F1 visa right now and there is a chance that I might not be eligible to extend it because of my GC application, what are the disadvantages associated with that? Will I be able to continue as a student during my application is being processed? If my application gets denied, can I still maintain my F1 status and can I apply again? Based on your experience, what is the good starting point?
Green card for Phd Team
Helping NIW and EB1A applications
with our DIY packages
4 Responses to F1 trying to self-petition
- Packet for EB2-NIW Entrepreneurs
- Can I apply for a green card in EB1A?
- PhD in production engineering
- Query about EB2-NIW
- Which processing center should I apply for fast processing of I-140?
- Self Petition for Greencard under EB1A
- Phd degree and Green Card
- Can my wife (J2 holder) get Green card if I get a Green card while on J1?
- Traveling to Saint Thomas on pending Green Card without AP.
- Question regarding filing EB-2NIW after filing EB-1A