Applying from outside the USA
Thank you so much for all your efforts on your website, it is really helpful ,after I saw your site I decided to go forward and self petition
but when I contacted a lawyer I got confused .My intention was to apply for the Eb1a but they advised me to apply for NIW .I am attaching my CV it has my publications under published work heading.
As for citations I got citations 6 times.And I have other reference letters apart from the attached ones.
My question is which do you think will suit me better Eb1a or NIW? ;as i don’t know if my field of “Image Watermarking for Security Applications” will be eligible for NIW; my other question is can I apply from outside the USA as I am from Egypt and what are my chances based on that?
Again Thank You So Much for all the help 🙂
In our opinion NIW may be more appropriate. EB1A may be possible but that would require significantly more evidence than you have attached. In either case, lot depends on how the petition and evidence are presented.
Your recommendation letters need to be written appropriate to the right kind of petition.
For examples you can see self-petition packets as in our website.
Here are our thoughts on the area of your work. It sound like your research area could be justified under NIW. In general most advanced research activities could be argued to be in the US national interest.
If you plan to apply from abroad, it is possible. You should fill you i-140 application differently and use the consular processing approach.Sincerely
Green card for Phd Team
Helping NIW and EB1A applications
with our DIY packages
4 Responses to Applying from outside the USA
- Impact of I-140 rejection on my husband’s H1 visa status
- Do you have any success stories of artists/musicians that got the EB1a thru your packages?
- Request for Evidence (RFE)
- I am a PhD in H4 status and would like to apply in EB1A
- Self petitioning by PhDs with degree’s from other countries
- Query about EB2-NIW
- Process after EB1A approval
- Transfer of pending I-485 application from one I-140 petition to a new I-140 petition/interfiling I-485
- How many publications do I need for EB1A or EB2-NIW
- PHD student