Postdoc from Scotland interested in applying for green card
I just came across your website and am so pleased that I did, this is such a great resource for foreign PhDs! I have my PhD from the University of Edinburgh in Scotland and have been a postdoc in the US for 3 years now. I would really like to apply for the green card myself but I was wondering if the application itself would jeopardize my J1 status?
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you very much for getting back to me. Fortunately I don’t think I have the residency requirement and my J1 is valid for another 18 months which gives me time to apply for the green card. If I do apply and it is rejected would that affect my chances of switching from J1 to H1B at the end of my J1 term? Also, if a company wanted to hire me and the H1B is not available (due to the cap), can that company apply directly for the green card for me? I’m sorry for all of the questions, it’s such a complicated procedure. I really appreciate your help.
Thank you again for your help. I read online that companies can apply for a GC for a future employee but I guess they don’t do it very often as it’s a bigger commitment for the company. The problem I’m having is that I’ve recently been successful in getting several medical writing positions but they have all fallen through at the last minute due to H1B caps and rules, I think applying for the GC directly myself might be the best option.
Green card for Phd Team
Helping NIW and EB1A applications
with our DIY packages
- Self-petitioning while working for a company with H1B visa
- PhD on Bible and applying for green card
- Greencard application question.
- Phd degree and Green Card
- Do I need to do a PostDoc to apply for a green crad?
- Green card for PH.D. In English Literature
- PhD students currently on F1 can apply for EB1A or EB2-NIW
- How much does the institute matter for postdoc to apply the green card?
- Citations and Green card application