Impact of I-140 rejection on my husband’s H1 visa status
I plan to apply for a I-140 first and then I-485. My husband is on OPT now, and will be applying for H1 in April. If my I-140 is rejected, will this affect his visa status?
Thank you for your advice.
The short answer is no. It won’t affect his H1.
But there is one avoidable scenario that can be a problem. Before the I-140 is rejected, if you happen to start using EAD’s from I-485 application, then the rejection will result in both of you becoming out of status. Since you don’t intend to apply for I-485 till I-140 is approved, this is not relevant to you.
Best of luckSincerely
Green card for Phd Team
Helping NIW and EB1A applications
with our DIY packages
- Petitioner from India
- Phd and green card application timing
- J1 visa and EB1a application
- Pending I-140, can I apply for a H1?
- Indian National applying for a EB2-NIW?
- Applied for EB1A. Should I apply for J1 or H1B?
- Green card awarded
- Ms from US, PhD scholarship from US, but no more than one publication!! should I apply or just wait?
- Getting married after green card - I-130 Petition