If I drop out of Phd program, can I still apply for a Green Card?
I am on F1 visa enrolled in a PhD program from Fall 2008.I have to enroll only thesis credit hours (10 credit hrs. remained only). I do not have any classes to attend now
I have completed 65 cr. hours out of 75 cr. hours
Presently I am working on OPT from last 6 Months. My h1 b file this month
I am trying to finish my PhD in a next one year. But not sure.
If I can’t finish my PhD study due to some complex research problem
1. Can I file for (me & my family) EB2-NIW for incomplete PhD study?
PL GUIDE/SUGGEST ME.
EB2-NIW can be filed by anyone who satisfies the USCIS requirements for national interest. PhD is not really a USCIS requirement. Our website and example packets are designed for PhDs because during the course of their work they satisfy a many of USCIS requirements.
So the short answer is you could file as long as you satisfy these requirements.
Green card for Phd Team
Helping NIW and EB1A applications
with our DIY packages
- Regarding GC to be filed under PHD Educational Qualification
- EB1A with single evidence
- Follow up question on OPT and H1B green card
- Can I apply on my own?
- PhD student would like to apply in EB2 NIW
- Question: Reapplying for a green card after a lottery
- Premium processing issues at Nebraska Service Center
- Which category should I apply in, EB1a/NIW?
- Post doctoral research scholar
- Can I apply before I joint a PhD program?