I-140 application while on AOS
I have been currently working as an Adjunct faculty in various local and private colleges. I have recently applied for PhD program with an Online Univ. My current status is AOS -EAD based of my spouse’s sponsorship. We’re getting separated and as soon as this gets finalized, I will be not be able to retain my AOS or EAD status.
My question is;
Can I file on my own as a Phd student or this only works with PhD holders?
Anyone with or without a phd can also apply. If you plan to self-petition, a successful petition has to meet the uscis criteria for niw or eb1a. PhD’s have a better chance because they are more likely to meet these criteria. If you are able to concurrently file a i-485, you can get a new AOS status. There may be a possibility of transferring your existing AOS application to your new i-140, however we are not experts at this.
Green card for Phd Team
Helping NIW and EB1A applications
with our DIY packages
- Questions about adjustments to the I-140
- I only have a few publication.
- Eligibility for EB1-a
- When is the best time to apply?
- USCIS to Accept H-1B Petitions for FY 2010 Beginning April 1, 2009
- Applying for I-485 while i-140 is pending
- Phd student planning to apply in EB1A category
- Applying for Green card through EB1A category while on J visa
- Can I apply for GC as a student
- Upset after talking to lawyers and seeking help to self-apply.