I-140 application while on AOS
I have been currently working as an Adjunct faculty in various local and private colleges. I have recently applied for PhD program with an Online Univ. My current status is AOS -EAD based of my spouse’s sponsorship. We’re getting separated and as soon as this gets finalized, I will be not be able to retain my AOS or EAD status.
My question is;
Can I file on my own as a Phd student or this only works with PhD holders?
Anyone with or without a phd can also apply. If you plan to self-petition, a successful petition has to meet the uscis criteria for niw or eb1a. PhD’s have a better chance because they are more likely to meet these criteria. If you are able to concurrently file a i-485, you can get a new AOS status. There may be a possibility of transferring your existing AOS application to your new i-140, however we are not experts at this.
Green card for Phd Team
Helping NIW and EB1A applications
with our DIY packages
- When is the best time to apply?
- Postdoctoral Fellow
- EB1A petition review
- Fresh PhD and self-petition
- Packet information for dependents
- I-485 application and affidavit of support
- Help me decide between EB1A or EB2 NIW.
- Research in medical sciences and NIW
- EB2-NIV for Indian F1-OPT student
- Getting married after green card - I-130 Petition