Green card application and Phd student in Computer Science
I am an international student and have done Masters in Computer Science from New York Institute Of Technology (NYIT) with good GPA. I just want to know that is there is any way that you can get the greencard on the basis of PhD; if yes then plz let me know how it works.
There are two self-petition categories (EB1A and EB2-NIW) where eligible candidates can apply for a green card without employer sponsorship. The eligibility is set by USCIS. Usually PhDs, due to the nature of their work, have an edge in satisfying the USCIS criteria and have a better chance in obtaining a green card. You can see more information in the frequently asked questions at the following link. Also please see the USCIS criteria for the two self-petition categories to see which one is appropriate for your background and work experience.
If you are F1, you may also want to see this blog post.Sincerely
Green card for Phd Team
Helping NIW and EB1A applications
with our DIY packages
- Which category should I apply in, EB1a/NIW?
- EB1 with NIW ?
- MBA trying to apply in EB2 NIW
- I-485 for EB1A
- EB2 NIW pending, H1b six years expiring soon
- Eligibility for applying under EB1A
- F1 student with EAD in hand (from concurent NIW EB@ application) can work off-campus part-time unrelated job
- Professor on a J1
- Process after EB1A approval
- EB-1A evaluation (Pharmaceutical research background)