Russian Green card applicant
I have a Phd from Russia and I am planning to apply for a Green Card. Is the package on your website applicable for Russian PhD? Did you have successful experience with Russian PhD? I heard there are additional obstacles…
The packet is not prepared for any specific nationality. It is a general example packet applicable to researchers with a PhD from any nationality. We recently had a successful applicant with a PhD from Novosibirsk State University. The applicant used our example packet.
For Russian applicants the procedure is the same as for applicants from other countries, am I right?
Below is the response from the applicant to one of your questions. As we said before our example petition is generally sufficient.
Response from a successful applicant with Phd from Russia:
Yes, I am from Russia. But I did not do anything particular in the application because I am Russian. The only thing is that our priority date is current, because there are not so many Russian immigrants, so you do not have to wait for the adjustment of status once your petition is approved. In terms of translation of documents from Russian – I just did Google-translate – quickly checked for obvious mistakes. I did not notarize the signed copy of the translations.
Green card for Phd Team
Helping NIW and EB1A applications
with our DIY packages
- Fresh PhD and self-petition
- Phd from an other country
- Self petition eligibility
- Self petition and medical Phd student
- How important are first author papers in comparison to say second or third author papers?
- PhD in Electrical and Computer Engineering on STEM extension - Would like to apply for a green card in EB2 NIW category
- Can my wife (J2 holder) get Green card if I get a Green card while on J1?
- Visa Bulletin for January 2013
- Eligibility for EB1A green card application
- Greencard application question.