Can I apply for GC as a student
I was just curious to know if I can apply for GC via selfpetition or do I have to go through the process of applying H1B Visa after completion.
I am a student in Univeristy of xxxx, doing my Ph.D in Biotech working on plant virus.
Would appreciate your response
It is possible to apply for a green card while on an F1 visa. However, since filing I-140 implies an intent to immigrate, you will not be able to renew your F1 visa. This is a problem if green card petition is rejected (either i-140 or i-485) or significantly delayed and in the meantime you still want to continue on an F1. So you should only apply 1) if you are sure of i-140 approval and 2) if you are sure that you do not need a F1 renewal before your 485 is approved. These issues do not exist if you are on a H1B visa.
Best of luckSincerely
Green card for Phd Team
Helping NIW and EB1A applications
with our DIY packages
2 Responses to Can I apply for GC as a student
- Applying for green card while on OPT
- F1 and green card application
- Is self-petition strictly for PhDs?
- USCIS Updates Count of FY2010 H-1B Petition Filings
- PhD graduate looking at different options
- EB2-NIV for Indian F1-OPT student
- Ph.d student on F1 visa
- Fresh PhD and self-petition
- Green card application and Phd student in Computer Science