Question: Masters and EB2
I am a Master’s(from US) graduate with active H1-B… My work is IT and I completed my Master’s in Electrical Engineering. Am I eligible to apply on EB2 category for my GC since I hold a Master’s degree or will I not qualify for EB2 cos my field of work is different than my study. Please let me know and thsi will be very helpful for me. Lot of people are confusing and your site seems to help just with the most accurate information. Thanks and appreciate your help !
If you are referring to the general EB2 category, your employer usually decides which is an appropriate category based on your job offer letter and your qualifications.
Are you referring to self-sponsored category EB2 NIW? If your work is strongly in the US national interest then you may consider for NIW. While USCIS has not set specific criteria for this category, the following are considered as national interest situations: improvements to US economy, improvements to wages and working conditions of US workers, improvements to education and training programs for U.S. children and under-qualified workers or health care, improvements to the environment of the U.S, or a request from an interested U.S. government agency.Sincerely
Green card for Phd Team
Helping NIW and EB1A applications
with our DIY packages
2 Responses to Question: Masters and EB2
- Post doc on H1B
- Am I qualify for EB1 or NIW?
- F1 student with EAD in hand (from concurent NIW EB@ application) can work off-campus part-time unrelated job
- Need help on deciding between NIW-EB2 and O1
- Self-petitioning while working for a company with H1B visa
- Can I apply before I joint a PhD program?
- Which visa do I need to work in the USA?
- Ph.d student on F1 visa
- USCIS Updates Count of FY2010 H-1B Petition Filings
- Self-petitioning while on F1 visa