Phd and work visa
I am from India. i have done my PhD in Biotechnology. currently pursuing my post doc in NCBS. My husband is visiting US with H1 Visa and i will be getting H4. I am very much interested to continue my research career in US. In H4 visa i am not eligible to work. hence anybody please suggest regarding how to converting my H4 to a valid work visa (either a J1 or H1 or EAD or anything related) so that i can continue my postdoc or can be employed by any of the biotech companies in US. please give suggestion.
thank you very much
For either J1 or H1, you need a company interested in hiring you and sponsoring your visa.
You could obtain an EAD if you self-petition in EB1A or EB2 niw. You need to meet the USCIS requirements for these categories and pool sufficient evidence for your petition. You can refer to free e-book on the website.
Best of luckSincerely
Green card for Phd Team
Helping NIW and EB1A applications
with our DIY packages
- USCIS to Accept H-1B Petitions for FY 2010 Beginning April 1, 2009
- Deciding between EB1A and NIW
- Am I qualify for EB1 or NIW?
- Green Card for a Ph.D in Computer Science (a South Korean national)
- Getting married after green card - I-130 Petition
- Response period after completion of biometrics
- Impact of I-140 rejection on my husband’s H1 visa status
- PhD students currently on F1 can apply for EB1A or EB2-NIW