Applying for green card while on OPT
I came across you website http://www.greencardforphd.com and found it very helpful. I am a Post Doc now, working on my OPT status (but applied for H1B visa). So can I do the self petition application for green card now (or do I have to wait till H1B approval)? I have attached my CV. Could you please, after reviewing this, suggest me whether I should go for EB1A or EB2-NIW ?
Applying for i-140 does not pose any problem on OPT or H1B. There may be some issues involved during the 485 stage, if you apply while still on an OPT. We are not experts at this. If you plan to apply for 485 at a later date (after you 140 approval), it is fine to start with your i-140 petition.
Green card for Phd Team
Helping NIW and EB1A applications
with our DIY packages
- Can I self-petition with a master degree
- Questions about the process
- Getting married after green card - I-130 Petition
- Indian national on J visa and self-petition
- Journal publications and green card application
- Eligibility for EB1A and EB2 NIW and processing duration of the application
- I only have a few publication.
- Paper Authorship
- Applying for green card while on OPT
- Student planning to self-petition for a green card