Phd degree and Green Card
In short the answer is yes. That said Phd is neither a requirement nor guarantee to get a greencard in niw or eb1a categories. But most of the time, the work performed during a phd help as evidence in one of these categories. So one can self-petition without a sponsor. Best is to review uscis criteria and some example petitions at
Green card for Phd Team
Helping NIW and EB1A applications
with our DIY packages
- How much evidence is enough
- Phd from an other country
- If I drop out of Phd program, can I still apply for a Green Card?
- Can I apply in EB2-NIW with my credentials?
- What is your suggestion on e-filing I-140?
- Applying for Green card through EB1A category while on J visa
- NIW evaluation: PhD in mathematics
- Applying for a GC at the end of a PhD?
- General question
- EB1A RFE