Phd degree and Green Card
In short the answer is yes. That said Phd is neither a requirement nor guarantee to get a greencard in niw or eb1a categories. But most of the time, the work performed during a phd help as evidence in one of these categories. So one can self-petition without a sponsor. Best is to review uscis criteria and some example petitions at
Green card for Phd Team
Helping NIW and EB1A applications
with our DIY packages
- Do I need to have reached the highest position in my career to be eligible to apply in EB1A category?
- Field of study and Phd
- Canditates who qualify for self-petition
- Maintaining F1 status while I 485 is pending
- Fresh PhD and self-petition
- Postdoc applying in EB1A or EB1-OR
- PhD in Electrical and Computer Engineering on STEM extension - Would like to apply for a green card in EB2 NIW category
- Can I apply on my own?
- EB1A RFE response and chances of approval
- Applying from outside the USA