Phd degree and Green Card
In short the answer is yes. That said Phd is neither a requirement nor guarantee to get a greencard in niw or eb1a categories. But most of the time, the work performed during a phd help as evidence in one of these categories. So one can self-petition without a sponsor. Best is to review uscis criteria and some example petitions at
Green card for Phd Team
Helping NIW and EB1A applications
with our DIY packages
- What are my chances in EB1a?
- Phd student planning to apply in EB1A category
- Area of PhD research and green card
- Follow up question on OPT and H1B green card
- Chances of converting into either H1 or Green card while on J1
- Question: Can I apply?
- Overseas Employment
- EB1A for Unemployed Ph.D graduate
- Question: Reapplying for a green card after a lottery
- adjustment of status and I-765