Starting a company on F1
USCIS does not restrict starting a company on F1 or H1b or GC. However if you are a student, your opt or cpt should be authorized appropriately so that you can work for the company you own. Appropriate work authorization is tricky in this situation.
Starting a company on H1b is also tricky. H1b is usually tied to one employer. If you already have a H1b, you can start and own a company but cannot work for it with the same H1b. You will need a second H1b to work for your company. Alternatively, you can own part of the company and the other partner (who has a GC or is a citizen) who works for the company can hire you by sponsoring a H1b.
Best of luck
Green card for phd team.
Green card for Phd Team
Helping NIW and EB1A applications
with our DIY packages
- Am i eligible for EB1-A Extraordinary Ability
- My profile is good enough for GC?
- STEM degree?
- Can J2 stay if J1 I140 is approved however not yet I 485 is granted and J visa expires within a month from receiving I 140 approval?
- Indian National applying for a EB2-NIW?
- DIY packet
- EB1/EB2 for Psyd
- Is one example petition packet sufficient to prepare a petition
- Eligibility for applying under EB1A
- Profile review for EB1