Starting a company on F1
USCIS does not restrict starting a company on F1 or H1b or GC. However if you are a student, your opt or cpt should be authorized appropriately so that you can work for the company you own. Appropriate work authorization is tricky in this situation.
Starting a company on H1b is also tricky. H1b is usually tied to one employer. If you already have a H1b, you can start and own a company but cannot work for it with the same H1b. You will need a second H1b to work for your company. Alternatively, you can own part of the company and the other partner (who has a GC or is a citizen) who works for the company can hire you by sponsoring a H1b.
Best of luck
Green card for phd team.
Green card for Phd Team
Helping NIW and EB1A applications
with our DIY packages
- How strong are my credential foe EB1A
- Can a DMA student apply for green card
- Question: Reapplying for a green card after a lottery
- Eligible for NIW complete PhD in india
- J1 applying for EB2-NIW
- Student with F1 visa and Green card
- Paper Authorship
- PhD in Electrical and Computer Engineering on STEM extension - Would like to apply for a green card in EB2 NIW category
- F1 student with EAD in hand (from concurent NIW EB@ application) can work off-campus part-time unrelated job