Can I apply from outside the US
Both i-140 (permanent residency petition) and i-485 (adjustment of status) do not explicitly state that the applicant should be residing in the USA at the time of application. The applicant can potentially be from anywhere. The procedures for i-1485 filing when the applicant is outside the US are different and requires consular processing.
Best of luckSincerely
Green card for Phd Team
Helping NIW and EB1A applications
with our DIY packages
- EB1A I-140 Petition approved. Need to file I-1485 now...
- TN Visa to EB2NIW
- Postdoctoral Fellow
- Pending I-140, can I apply for a H1?
- Assistant Profesor
- Can my wife (J2 holder) get Green card if I get a Green card while on J1?
- F1 and green card
- Is the packet updated after the recent change (Dhanasar)?
- Questions about RFE for EB1A
- Applying from outside the USA