Can I apply from outside the US
Both i-140 (permanent residency petition) and i-485 (adjustment of status) do not explicitly state that the applicant should be residing in the USA at the time of application. The applicant can potentially be from anywhere. The procedures for i-1485 filing when the applicant is outside the US are different and requires consular processing.
Best of luckSincerely
Green card for Phd Team
Helping NIW and EB1A applications
with our DIY packages
- Ph.d student on F1 visa
- Applying category on the form I-765
- Question regarding filing EB-2NIW after filing EB-1A
- NIW: Do I need recommendation letters from my manager?
- Applying for Green Card while on H4
- Can my wife (J2 holder) get Green card if I get a Green card while on J1?
- Phd degree and Green Card
- F1 trying to self-petition
- Citations and Green card application