Can I apply from outside the US
Both i-140 (permanent residency petition) and i-485 (adjustment of status) do not explicitly state that the applicant should be residing in the USA at the time of application. The applicant can potentially be from anywhere. The procedures for i-1485 filing when the applicant is outside the US are different and requires consular processing.
Best of luckSincerely
Green card for Phd Team
Helping NIW and EB1A applications
with our DIY packages
- Undecided whether EB1 or EB2-NIW
- OPT After Green Card Lottery Application
- Applying for green card while on OPT
- Which processing center should I apply for fast processing of I-140?
- Eligibility for applying under EB1A
- NIW Package
- Postdoctoral researcher trying to decide EB2-NIW or EB1A.
- Ph.d student on F1 visa
- EB2-NIV for Indian F1-OPT student
- Should i reapply for J2 work permit while waiting for my husbands waiver?